- Ranked #1 Safe Haven in the World ***
- LOW crime rates*
- Southern Hemisphere
- 100% immune from world war
- Relatively Peaceful
Fairly stable government
- 2nd World – NOT 3rd World
- People are fairly friendly
- Cost of living about half of the US
- Immigration not real difficult
- Considered a FINANCIAL safe haven (like Switzerland)
- Not an overbearing, hardcore, law demanding government
- Not spectacular country
- Small size
- Close to ocean
- No real mountains
- Nice areas not real cheap
- 2nd World, NOT 1st World (see pros)
- Few expats inland (where it is safe)
- Little diversity in topography
- Distance from the US
- 1st Class airfare from the US - $3,000 - $5,000
- Flight time from the US – 10-15 hours
*** Means this country is the best in this category of the Top 7 Safe Havens
* Means this country is worth noting in this category, a big plus
Uruguay is not for everyone.
Here is why you would absolutely NOT choose Uruguay:
- Too far from the United States (Choose Costa Rica instead.)
- You HAVE TO HAVE beauty, spectacular scenery (Choose ANY of the other six TOP 7 Safe Havens instead.)
- You have to be in the mountains, away from the ocean, tsunamis, rising seas, heavy population centers… (Choose ANY of the other six Top 7 Safe Havens instead.)
- You HAVE TO HAVE modern first world amenities (choose Costa Rica, Argentina, or New Zealand instead.)
- You want to live in a low crime country.
Here is why you absolutely WOULD choose Uruguay:
- You personally went there, compared it to at least two other Top 7 Safe Havens, and liked it best for various personal reasons.
- You smoke pot and have to live somewhere where it is legal.
- The list of PROS above are your cup-of-tea. They rock your boat.
- Your thought of the BEST Safe Haven is one that rates high (but not #1) in nearly every survival category, making it a virtual #1, even though it does not rank best in any specific category nor can be defined in superlatives in any one category. NOTE: This truly defines Uruguay. Great all around but nothing exciting.