- Year-round spring-like weather
- Ranked #5 Safe Haven in the World
- Good food production *
- Cost of living***
- Relatively peaceful and stress-free culture
- No need for heat or a/c in most areas ($$$ savings)
- Huge expat community *
- Abundant water
- 1st Class airfare from the US - $1,500 - $2,500
- Flight time from the US – 8 - 12 hours
- Property costs
- Ease of immigration*
- Tropics – bugs
- 3rd World
- Mostly mestizo (white people ‘stick out’)
- Heat and humidity along the coast
- Volcanoes and earthquakes – can affect lifestyle
- Infrastructure (roads are so-so)
*** Means this country is the best in this category of the Top 7 Safe Havens
* Means this country is worth noting in this category, a big plus
Here is why you would absolutely NOT choose Ecuador:
- You are scared to death of earthquakes, volcanoes, and mudslides.
- You HAVE TO HAVE some sophistication - you can’t live in a 3rd World country. (Choose New Zealand, Argentina, or Costa Rica instead.)
- You want to fit in, not stand out. You are lily white and 5’ 11” feet tall (choose New Zealand, Argentina, or maybe even Costa Rica.)
Here is why you absolutely WOULD choose Ecuador:
- You consider the year-round spring-like weather PERFECT.
- You love the Vilcabamba region, it is the ultimate paradise in your opinion.
- You have very little money, and need to choose a CHEAP safe haven.
- You have very little time, and need to choose a country that is relatively EASY to expatriate to. (Costa Rica and/or Uruguay are your other choices.)
- You personally went there, compared it to at least two other Top 7 Safe Havens, and liked it best for various personal reasons.
- You LOVE lush green valleys, mountains, and views.