- Ranked #7 Safe Haven in the World
- 2nd World – NOT 3rd World – could be worse.
- Beautiful area (our recommended expat location)
- Safe from war (our recommended expat location)
- VERY expensive (our recommended expat location)
- Speaks Portuguese
- Population density
- 2nd World, NOT 1st World (see pros)
- Few expats
- Distance from the US
- 1st Class airfare from the US - $3,000 - $5,000
- Flight time from the US – 12-16 hours
Here is why you would absolutely NOT choose Brazil:
- The expense is too great. Lovely areas, but way too expensive.
- The Brazilian culture is too immoral, they do not place a high value on life, and not survival oriented enough.
- You need a support group of expats. Or you do not feel comfortable moving to an area where you are the only “American”.
Here is why you absolutely WOULD choose Brazil:
- You personally went there, compared it to at least two other Top 7 Safe Havens (such as Argentina, Ecuador, or Uruguay), and liked it best for various personal reasons.
- You love the Portuguese language, and can speak it.
- You love Latin culture.