- Ranked #4 Safe Haven in the World
- Food production per capita***
- Southern Hemisphere
- Libertarian culture*
- Totally immune to world war
- Fairly large expat community
- Diversity of topography
- Educated populace – high literacy rates (higher than the US)
- Free health care***
- No racism
- 90% white population (can ‘fit in’ and not stand out)
- European culture also sophisticated for a Latin country
- Few if any natural disasters
- 1st World – lower end
- Free education***
- Inexpensive land costs
- Ideal climate in certain areas*
- Corrupt government
- Distance from the US (and cost to travel)
- Increase in crime
- Country deteriorating, not improving – going in wrong direction
- Lack of choice of goods
- Government instability
- Cost of clothing, electronics, and automobiles
- Distance from the US
- 1st Class airfare $3,000 - $5,000
- Flight time from the US – 10-15 hours
*** Means this country is the best in this category of the Top 7 Safe Havens
* Means this country is worth noting in this category, a big plus
Here is why you would absolutely NOT choose Argentina:
- You have to be close to the United States. Note: Only New Zealand is further. (Choose Costa Rica instead.)
- You are concerned about the political situation in Argentina: instability, corruption, and stupidity.
- You are concerned about the immigration issues getting more difficult. (You get in, and then your loved ones are stuck outside the process and can’t get in???)
- The increase in crime is a concern.
Here is why you absolutely WOULD choose Argentina:
- You HAVE TO HAVE 1st World. (New Zealand and Costa Rica are your other two choices.)
- The pros listed above rock your boat.
- Racial tensions concern you. You want to live in a near-all white society. Argentina is basically libertarian, non-racist, and very friendly.
- You are concerned about world war. Argentina will be one of the most immune countries from world war, UNLESS they do something stupid and get into a war with the UK over the Falklands again.
- Free health care, free education (college for your kids?), and abundance of cheap food are at the top of your priority list.
- You personally went there, compared it to at least two other Top 7 Safe Havens (like Chile and Uruguay), and liked it best for various personal reasons.